Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rainy Days.....and Date Night?

I would just like to say I was posting to vent..but oddly enough my children have been behaving in such a way that I don't have much to write about this week. Hmm.....

I hate the rain. We are outdoor people and the bad weather is interfering way too much. I have never watched so many Disney movies and colored so many pictures in my life. And the hand to hand combat between the kids has picked up a bit, they are now both fitted with full body armour because I'm trying to just let them fight it out...bike helmets, life jackets, and knee pads. Today were are going to make pirate hats and a fort today. Wow. It's so sad I'm actually excited for it. What is it like to be an adult again?

So recently I dog sat for my brother and sister-in-law. I like their dog, so it was no trouble at all. But she decided to pay me with gift certificates to a restaurant and the movies. My husband was standing there when I opened the card, and when he caught a glimpse, he proclaimed, "Date Night!"



I had no clue what he was talking about.







I tried to conjure up something in my memory Rolodex. It sounded familiar but.....
"You mean those things we used to go on before we had two kids? By ourselves?" I was starting to remember. "No, don't be silly. We will just all go to a matinee showing of How To Train Your Dragon and then go to dinner. He raised his eyebrows. "Uh, no. We are having a date night."


This was almost two weeks ago..........

No comments:

Post a Comment