Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My so UnGlamorous Life

So this morning we added three plastic bowling pins and a Nerf gun to the top of the fridge.





Many times have considered strapping on my child's bike helmet in fear of being hit by falling debris. The Nerf gun was not taken away for shooting, but it was being used to hit with. Poor Taylor. It's so sad to watch every morning, her picking a toy to play with and not realizing she is choosing the weapon she is to be hit with 15 minutes later. Its like when parents used to send out kids to pick the switch they would be spanked with. I have told her of this and encourage her to play with more stuffed animals but there's not much more I can do about fate...and her little brother. I just continue to protect her to the best of my abilities. It was a good morning in the fact that we were on time to take Taylor to school. But, I quickly lost my enthusiasm when I cheered in the car, "Yay, we're on time, everybody clap!" And I was the only one participating......





So, have you ever had that one piece of clothing that you just can't live without? The one that makes you feel like a million bucks. You just never want to take it off? I do. It' my Pink Robe. At ANY given time, day, week, or season you can knock on my door and will greet you in my Pink Robe and my husbands red and black plaid pajama pants. Its stunning, I know. And you're welcome. I don't know what it is..maybe it's the fact that it's like wearing a hug around all day. Or maybe I clean all day and don't want to risk injuring my real clothes. Though I find myself not wearing them as often. I find that I have fallen into the routine of getting dressed to run errands around town and coming home, walking in the door, and changing back into the same robe and sweat pants. I draw the line at wearing this ensemble outside unless completely necessary, so as not to be known as the shabby Mom on the street and to avoid pity stares from the neighbors. Now, it's not an ugly piece of clothing, its cute. Fluffy and hot pink with an insignia on the back with the word PINK an some swirls. Really, I don't know why my agent hasn't submitted me to a Victoria's Secret shoot besides the fact that I'm lacking any attributes that would qualify me as a VS model. But truly I think the least I would come way with is a Spokesperson spot for them. I mean I can totally vouch for their product, I've been wearing this thing for three years strait. My friends know it as my staple and may not recognize me without it. So therefore I am afraid to give it up. I'm sure I could do it, but it would be like losing your childhood blankie.





I really am thinking of hanging the thing up for good. It has definitely served it's purpose. We had a good run but think I owe it to myself to dress like normal citizen. (I love fashion but you would never know it). And I believe I owe it my husband. Who wants to come home to that every day? It's rough enough that when steps in the door it's like a slap in the face. The picture of me still cooking dinner the kids chasing each other and me with a very loud voice telling them "BE QUIET! STOP RUNNING! STOP SHOUTING! Daddy's home!", is probably not ideal. So I'll think about that one tonight. Maybe I'll get a little crazy and change it up and throw a sweatshirt on?





And as a side note. If you would get glimpse of my life or the closest thing to it. ABC was kind enough to produce a "mockumentary" that's on this evening, called "Modern Family". Check it out. And I'm not referring myself the character Gloria, but more Claire and Dan (my husband) is definitely Phil.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard when you talked about your pink robe. Sooooo funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete