Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We're Moving

Yes, we are moving...just right down the road. It's not much of a big deal...except for the fact that we have moved every two years for the past six years...



This means two things. 1.) I qualify as a professional mover (NOT for hire). 2.) You may find two dirty sad children with their address and my phone number written on their arm with a permanent marker sitting on a street corner.



The reason for number two is this....I'm going to be cleaning full time. We aren't moving for a few weeks but June is pretty busy for us and I wanted a head start. And with my kids, well.....
I pride myself on already keeping a clean house but there are those things that you don't do regularly. So all morning I was going about the house armed with a toothbrush and a Magic Eraser (the only thing that would make them perfect would be if they were antibacterial). I got every nook and cranny, like the edges of the trim work and the corners mops don't get. And I mopped and it only took me an hour to half way clean the stove. But.....yes, there's always a but in my house. The one day this week I mop somebody decides to murder a cup of juice in the kitchen. The cabinets had just wiped down and the counters, and the floor were covered in splatters of sticky juice. And I wasn't told about this....I found it by slipping and nearly falling. Cool. And while I was scrubbing down the bathroom, with a toothbrush ( the person who buys this house is one Lucky Son of a Gun...this house is sparkling) my bed was being used as a bounce house, the same bed I artfully made this morning. Oh, and the dog has been vomiting on my carpet. And as I am worried about him....sigh, my carpet....
I feel like Goldie Hawn in Overboard (if you haven't seen it..it's wonderful).

All this being said the kids have gotten along AMAZINGLY today. I don't know why. I think it's the calm before the storm. But I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Miley, I laugh out loud EVERY TIME I read your blog!!! I hope you had a great summer. I bet you guys were pretty busy. Hope you were able to get moved without any major hang-ups - moving is never all that fun, especially when you are chasing after 2 kids. I would love to hear how you guys are doing. My email is cowgirlpalmer@gmail.com. Take care! Sandee

    ReplyDelete