Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Update

I don't know what I did right in the world, but the remote and the Aqua Doodle Pen (that had been also missing for several months) AND my phone cover have all been recovered.



So I live in a college town. I enjoyed it much more when I was younger, now not as much. It makes me feel worse about looking so bad when I go to the grocery store. So, for mothers day Dan got me a tanning package. So while my friend is in Mexico (so rude, btw Kari) I am going to fake tan it. But I hate sitting in the waiting area next to all these college girls. I'm self conscience, and what do you talk about? I always hope the conversation never comes my way......"So what are you studying?" "Oh, I'm taking a class on how to keep my son from strait up eating sand.."



Yep, he lays in the sand box, like hes just soaking up me rays, and he'll look at me through the corner of his eye and roll over, and stick his tongue right into the sand. At first, I thought it as an accident... but you don't accidentally put your open mouth in the sand five time in a row. And as much as I try to get it out, I'll hear him chomping away on sand. He's definitely proving to be quite the comedian. He also has a new thing when I'm lunging (running my horse in circle in the pen) he will decide to slide a stick through the rails right in front of the horse...that one isn't so funny. I've always managed to pull her out of the way or yell at him, she's never hit it, yet. Her stops are looking pretty great now though. And she'll just pick right back up like shes expecting it, it's like no big deal. But I now believe some horses weren't born to be a kids horse, they where forced into it. At least he does it all with a huge smile on his face.

Taylor was never that dangerous or difficult. She was saving the difficult up.......for NOW.

I've be going by the whole 'pick your battles' concept. Which means Taylor has been going to school looking like a mini Courtney Love without the drugs and the smeared mascara, and Taylor is well covered up. But you get my point. Yesterday she wore and very fancy Easter dress over some kind of long sleeve T, jeans and her dirty cowboy boots. But I did pick a battle the other day.....

She wouldn't eat her sandwich, apparently I made a PB n' J incorrectly, and she just would not eat it. And I know I shouldn't have said this but I did..."OK Princess. You need to eat this, it's fine."Well, she hit me back with this......"I'm not the Princess. YOU ARE."



Yep, she said it.





My parenting strategy is Trial and Error. I have great days and I have "Princess Days".

1 comment:

  1. GO T!!!! Haha Princess. Man I love reading your stuff sis!

    ReplyDelete